Massage Therapy from Fort Collins Physical Therapy and Sports Center
Not only does massage help you relax and feel great, but it also helps to enhance muscle function and, if you are recovering from an injury, aid in the healing process.
We are fortunate to have exceptionally talented therapists at Fort Collins Physical Therapy. Combined, our therapists provide a wide range of specific massage services that enables us to recommend the right therapist for your specific needs.
- Swedish – Most common type of massage, designed to release muscle tension and break up muscle knots, or adhesions.
- Deep Tissue – Aimed at the deeper tissue structures of the muscle and fascia, which are also called connective tissue, focused on releasing chronic muscle tension or knots.
- Sports – Emphasizes prevention and healing of injuries to the muscles and tendons for athletes, but also those with chronic pain, injury, or
- Hot Stone – A deeply relaxing massage that helps tight muscles release through the use of smooth, heated stones.
- Shiatsu – Japanese finger pressure massage, often included with traditional massage and stretching.
- Acupressure – The therapist uses thumbs, palms, heels of the hands, and elbow to apply held pressure to vital points on the body.
- Reflexology – Applying pressure to reflex areas on the feet and hands that correspond to specific organs, glands, and other parts of the body.
- Essential Oils/Aromatherapy Massage – Uses essential oils derived from plants to affect your mood and alleviate pain.
- Rossiter – System of workouts involving two-person (therapist and patient) stretches that help relieve pain.
- Neuromuscular – Intense form of bodywork that involves focused, concentrated massage on one specific area of the body, designed to correct muscle imbalances and alleviate tension.
Our Massage Therapists:
- Leslie Thomas, LMT, Licensed Massage Therapist, Licensed Esthetician. Leslie specializes in hot stone, rossiter and deep tissue massage.
- Craig Brinkman, LMT, Liscensed Massage Therapist, 800 hour degree from Bear Heart School of Massage. Specializes in Neuromuscular Therapy, Swedish, and deep tissue massage.